Personal financial advice
Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation offers financial planning services to help our members get ahead. CSC’s authorised* financial planners provide a personalised service that takes your objectives, financial situation and needs into account. Our financial advice service is designed to guide you through important financial decisions to make sure you achieve your personal financial goals. Don’t get the wrong advice.
* Our authorised financial planners are authorised to provide advice by Guideway Financial Services (ABN 46 156 498 538, AFSL 420367.). Guideway is a licensed financial services business providing CSC financial planners with support to provide members with specialist advice, education and strategies.
Life is better with a plan
When you have a plan you achieve more and get there faster. It’s the same with your finances. A comprehensive financial plan lets you make the most of what you have, so that you can focus on achieving your goals and finishing up in a more favourable financial position.
How financial planning works
Financial planning is about forward thinking and preparation. Once you’ve discussed and determined your goals, your financial planner will develop a strategy to help you achieve these. If relevant, your planner can also provide multiple scenarios for you to consider as part of your strategy.
Advice can cover a range of financial matters to help you build, manage and protect your wealth including:
- maximising your super
- tax effective strategies
- transition to retirement
- retirement income stream options
- retirement planning including 54/11 and age retirement
- investments – inside and outside of superannuation
- life and income protection insurance
- debt elimination
Affordable professional advice
Once your planner understands your financial situation and goals you will be given a quote detailing the type and cost of advice which would be most useful to you.
Your initial advice appointment will cost $185. As a guide, the cost of a personal financial plan can be up to $6,600, depending on the complexity of your situation. The average cost of comprehensive advice is around $3,300. The cost is based on the time it will take to create your plan, including the preparation of a statement of advice.
Call 1300 277 777 to book an appointment today.
Free single issue advice for PSSap members
If you’re a PSSap member and have questions about your super, an CSC authorised* financial planner can provide free, over-the-phone advice for the following common questions:
- Do I have the right level of insurance within my super (death, invalidity and income protection)?
- How much should I be contributing to super?
- Which investment choice best suits my risk appetite and life stage?
One topic can be covered per call.
Unfortunately, due to the complexity of the CSS and PSS defined benefit schemes, our financial planners are not able to provide a simple single issue advice service to members of these funds.